As we continue to weather these unprecedented times, we have received another update from US Youth Soccer. Please see the link below.
The original date of April 15th has now been moved back to May 1st. This is obviously disappointing, but the right decision based on where we currently are. The board and I will be meeting via video conference early next week to talk about the current situation and how different scenarios play out. I will also be talking to Ohio North to see what their vision is for getting in some of the spring season when we can eventually start soccer again.
We don’t have all the answers at this point and we are trying get to through this difficult time and as a staff trying to work out plans for when we do get to play again to get in the most soccer we possibly can for our members.
Everyone’s main priority is to stay healthy and safe. I will continue to update you as I get information from the soccer authorities and governing bodies.
Please stay safe and we will do everything we can to get some soccer this spring.
We just wanted to provide you with a quick update, obviously we still can't train or play games and the date for US Youth Soccer is still April 15th so fingers crossed we are back playing then. As information is made available we will send this out to our members
Your coach and DOCs are sending information on activities your child can do at home ranging from technical ,physical to game analysis work. Please make sure your child follows these so when we can go outside we are ready to play at a moments notice. We may only get 1 or 2 sessions in before games start.
Its great to see some of the videos on our social media pages, this is a great way to stay connected and have some fun at the same time. Please continue to raise the bar on these challenges !
So far we have around 87 games that need rescheduling, once the all clear is given we can start looking at dates etc for games to be played. We are going to need some flexibility with these.
Nationals cancelled - Teams have been notified as to where they will be going instead
Blue Chip - Cancelled for April and moved to end of May and June. We are working on to see if we can still send teams here based on State Cup schedules.
Boys ECNL SC - Cancelled
FC Pride - Still on as it stands
Please continue to follow government and state guidelines so we can beat this virus and get back to playing soccer and some sort of normality. Those of you who are out there fighting this virus on the frontline we thank you for this and stay safe.
The health and safety of our players, parents, coaches, etc are of upmost importance. The club will follow the recommendations of the CDC, State, and the appropriate leagues or tournaments. As of now, Pacesetter practices and games are proceeding as scheduled. Since the COVID-19 situation is constantly changing, we will update parents of any changes through email and social media. The Executive Director, DOC's will continue to monitor the situation and send out communication as we receive it. As always, please practice good hygiene habits. US Youth Soccer has issued health and travel guidelines at https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/usys-health-and-travel-update/. The webpage has helpful tips and contains links to the CDC, WHO and other trusted sources.
Due to the current situation the office will be closed until further notice. All full time staff will be working remotely.